This is a popular snack made with chick peas, peanuts, sprouts and various spices. It is almost like a spicy Indian
salad and is extremely delicious!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Chick Peas, boiled – 500 gm
- Brown Chick Pea, soaked overnight – 150 gm
- Potato, boiled and chopped – 2 big.
- Mung Bean Sprouts, soaked overnight – 150 gm (Soak Mung Beans overnight. Wash them thoroughly and drain all the
water. Add 2 tablespoon water to the beans and keep in a warm sunny area for 5-6 hours for the sprouts to appear.)
- Peanuts, soaked overnight – 150 gm
- Carrots, finely chopped – 2
- Cucumber, finely chopped – ½
- Onion, finely chopped – 1
- Ginger, finely chopped – 50 gm
- Coriander, chopped – 1 small bunch.
- Chillie Cumin powder, roasted – ½ teaspoon or to taste.
- Black Powder Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste. (Can be substituted with 1 teaspoon normal salt.)
- Chat Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon or as per taste.
- Boil chick peas or use the ready boiled tinned variety. Drain all water and put in a large mixing bowl. Boil 2 potatoes.
Chop and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, i.e. brown chick peas, mung bean sprouts, peanuts, carrots, cucumber, onions,
ginger and coriander. Mix them well.
- Add the dry roasted cumin and chilli powder, black salt, chat masala, lime juice and mix well. Serve on a plate as a
Add coconut, radish, mixed pepper and tomato for a slightly different taste. Use tamarind pulp instead of lime for a
more tangy taste.
Eat immediately after making this salad. It tends to go soggy if left out too long!