This is a popular snack made with boiled chick peas, various spices and vegetables. It is almost like a spicy Indian
salad and is extremely delicious!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Chick Peas, boiled – 800 gm
- Brown Chick Peas, soaked overnight – 1 cup
- Potato, boiled and chopped – 1 big
- Cucumber, finely chopped – ½
- Onion, finely chopped – 1
- Tomato, finely chopped – 1
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 inch
- Coriander, chopped – 1 small bunch.
- Chillie Cumin powder, roasted – ½ teaspoon or to taste.
- Black Powder Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste. (Can be substituted with 1 teaspoon normal salt.)
- Chat Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon or as per taste.
- Boil chick peas or use the ready boiled tinned variety. Drain all water and put in a large mixing bowl. Boil a potato.
Chop and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the brown chick peas and all the remaining chopped vegetables, viz. cucumber, onions, tomato, ginger, coriander
and green chilli. Mix them well.
- Add the dry roasted cumin and chilli powder, salt, chat masala, lime juice and mix well. Serve on a plate as a snack!
Add soaked peanuts, coconut and lentil sprouts for a slightly different taste. Use tamarind pulp instead of lime for a
more tangy taste.
Eat immediately after making this salad. It might go soggy if left out too long!