Potato Paneer Fry is not a commercial dish and is not always available at Indian Restaurants. This is an especially
good dish for all those who are vegetarian and are looking for meat substitute.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Paneer grated – 250 gm
- Potato, boiled and grated – 250 gm
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoon or to taste.
- Coriander, finely chopped – 1 small bunch.
- Oil – ½ litre
- Boil Potato; peel and grate them in a large mixing bowl. Make Paneer (See recipe for making Paneer); grate and mix
in the bowl with the potato.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, coriander and mix well. Ensure that no lumps remain while mixing the
potato, paneer and spices.
- Make small round balls with the mixture, ensuring there are no cracks on any side. Cracks on the ball will lead to
them opening when fried.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Gently add the balls in it, one at a time. Allow enough space in the pan to turn them over. Fry
till they are golden brown in colour.
- Remove from oil when brown on all sides and keep on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. Serve hot with chutney
Left over Potato paneer fry can be used for making Malai Kofta. See recipe of malai kofta.
Use Potato Paneer Fry to make tortilla rolls; add some chillie sauce, mint chutney and salad to make a delicious