Mango lassi is a very popular and traditional Indian drink. It is enjoyed chilled as a hot-weather refreshment. It goes
well with all dishes and is known to aid digestion.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Natural Plain Yoghurt – 500 gm
- Mango Pulp – 425 ml (Half a tin.)
- Water – 500 ml
- Sugar – 8 tablespoon or to taste.
- Ice cubes – 4 (optional)
- Add 500 gm yoghurt, 425 ml mango pulp, 500 ml water, 8 tablespoon sugar in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute or until frothy.
- Add crushed ice, if desired and blend again.
- Pour the lassi into serving glasses and serve chilled.
You can use 2 fresh mangoes instead of mango pulp. However, you might need to use a sieve when using fresh mango
as it often contains fibre.
Mango lassi can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days! Simply add crushed ice before drinking to make it chilled!