This is a popular King Prawn Curry, fairly hot in taste and served in a curry sauce hot in intensity, garnished with
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- King Prawns - 12
- Oil - 6 tablespoon
- Onions, finely chopped - 4 large
- Mixed Pepper, finely sliced - 2
- Tomato Puree - 4 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Chillie Powder - 3 tablespoon (or as per taste.)
- Cumin Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Garlic Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - 2 teaspoon (or as per taste.)
- Water - 1 cup
- Coriander, freshly chopped - a small bunch.
- Boil all the King Prawns in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain water and keep aside. Chop them into two pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, mixed pepper and allow to sizzle. Add tomato puree, mix well and allow to cook for 2
- Add all the spices viz. turmeric, chillie, cumin, coriander, garam masala and mix well. Let it fry for 1 minute before
adding the garlic and ginger paste. Add salt and water. Cover the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the King Prawns and stir well. With the lid on, let it fry for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated on medium heat.
Remove lid and stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot!
Use the Basic Curry Sauce and 2 tablespoon of special spice mixture to make the same dish instead of all the powder
spices listed above.
If you prefer a mild dish, simply reduce the amount of chillie from 3 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon!