Goa Fish Curry (Microwave recipe.)
Goan cuisine is a blend of different influences - East and the West. The staple food in Goa is fish and rice, primarily
because it is located by the sea. This dish is a fairly hot dish, quite popular everywhere.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Haddock or Salmon – ½ Kg (Traditionally Pomfret is used in Goa for this dish.)
- Groundnut oil – 2 tablespoon
- Onions, sliced – 1 medium
- Tomato, chopped – 1 medium
- Coconut Milk – 4 tablespoon
- Green Chillies, slit – 4
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste.
- Coriander, freshly chopped – 1 small bunch.
- Red Chillies whole – 4
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Tamarind pulp – 2 tablespoon
- Make a paste with the tamarind pulp and the rest of the ingredients.
- In a casserole, add the onions, tomatoes and the paste. Cook in a Microwave on High setting (750) for 4 minutes.
- Add the fish, green chillies, oil and two tablespoon coconut milk. Cook on medium setting (600) for 2 minutes. Turn
the fish over gently and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, two tablespoon of coconut milk again and continue to cook on highest setting for 6 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot with plain boiled rice.