This is a very simple, easy and quick fish curry recipe that can be done in a microwave - so no messy cooking! Other
fish can also be used instead of Salmon including varieties with bone in them.
Preparation time: 1 hour 20 minutes (including marinating time.)
- Salmon, clean and sliced – 1 Kg
- Ginger-Garlic paste, freshly ground – 2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Garam masala Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Oil – 4 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Coriander, chopped – 1 small bunch.
- Remove scales from the fish. Clean with water and keep aside.
- Add all ingredients listed above with the and marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the pieces of fish in single layer in a shallow square dish and pour oil over each individual piece using a spoon.
- Cook on high setting in a microwave for 8 minutes turning it once after 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve hot with any rice dish.
Coat salmon with 1 teaspoon of turmeric and ½ teaspoon of salt. Deep fry thoroughly in oil. Put on a kitchen towel to
remove excess oil. Make a basic gravy using all of the above ingredients and simply add the fried fish into this gravy!
Salmon and various other fish are very delicate and require careful handling when deep frying, otherwise might break
easily. When frying, ensure the oil is well heated; then reduce heat and fry the fish on low to medium heat - not high.
This ensures it is properly cooked and also requires less turning over!