This is a delicious starter that can be eaten hot or cold. This can also to be used to make tortilla rolls. Simply add some
green salad and chilli sauce for a complete light snack.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Sweet corn – 2 tin
- Onions, finely chopped – 2 large
- Garlic, finely chopped – 6 cloves
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 big piece or 25 gm.
- Green Chillies, finely chopped – 1
- Gram Flour – 50 gms
- Coriander, finely chopped – 1 small bunch.
- Red Chillie Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoon or to taste.
- Oil – ½ litre
- Drain out the water from sweet corn and keep in a large mixing bowl.
- Crush the corn in the bowl. Add gram flour to it and mix well.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, green chillie, coriander and mix well. Add salt, red chillie powder and mix again.
- Heat oil in a pan. When oil is thoroughly warm, add small round portions of the batter in the oil to make small pakoras.
- Allow enough space in the pan to turn it over. Fry till each pakora is golden brown.
- Remove from oil and keep on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. Serve hot with chutney.
Substitute corn with mushy peas or mashed boiled chick peas. Add different spices like garam masala, cumin powder
and turmeric to give it a slightly different taste.
Use left over sweet corn, peas from a roast meal to make this snack!