Coconut chutney is a spicy paste which goes well with many Indian starters, rice and Indian bread. It can also be
eaten on its own if you like chutneys!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Desiccated Coconut – 2 cups
- Roasted whole Gram – 100 gm
- Coriander – 1 small bunch.
- Salt – 2 teaspoon or to taste.
- Green Chilies – 3 or to taste.
- Tamarind Pulp – 2 teaspoon or to taste.
- Water – 1 small cup
- Blend together desiccated coconut, whole gram, coriander, salt, green chillies, tamarind and water for 2-3 minutes till
it becomes a fine paste.
- Serve with dosa, rice or bread.
You can replace green chilies with red chillies. Add mint, jaggery and tomato for a different taste.
Use fresh coconut for added taste! Coconut chutney can be refrigerated for a few days!