Chicken Tikka is one of the most favourite dishes in UK. It is made with marinated chicken grilled and served sizzling
Preparation time: 8 hours (including marinating.)
- Chicken, cut into cubes – 1 kg
- Yoghurt – 250 gms
- Oil – 6 tablespoon
- Ginger paste – 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoon or as per taste.
- Cumin Powder – 4 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 3 teaspoon
- Black Salt – 2 teaspoon (Can be replaced with 1 teaspoon of normal salt.)
- Red food colouring – 2 teaspoon. (Optional)
- Lime – few drops.
- Marinate the chicken cubes with all of the above ingredients (except lime juice) for at least 6 to 8 hours. Marinating is
important for this recipe!
- Roast the marinated chicken for half an hour at 180º C, turning it over half way through. Roast for another 15 minutes.
- Then put it under a grill for 10 minutes.
- The chicken cubes must be fully cooked, but not too dry. It should retain some moisture inside.
- Squeeze a few drops of lime and serve sizzling hot!
Substitute chicken with lamb, prawn or vegetables for a different tikka dish. Left over Chicken Tikka is ideal for making
Chicken Tikka Masala!
Grill marinated Chicken Tikka in a barbecue on skewers for best results. Add some diced pepper and red onions for