Another popular chicken curry dish, cooked with spices and herbs. The predominant flavour, taste comes from capsicum
(pepper) and big chunks of onion.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Chicken boneless – 1 kg
- Salt – 2 teaspoon or to taste.
- Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1½ teaspoon or to taste.
- Oil – 100 ml
- Onion, chopped into big chunks – 2
- Green chillies, slit – 3 or to taste.
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 2 teaspoon
- Tomato, chopped – 1
- Green pepper, chopped into big chunks – 1½
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 2 teaspoon
- Tomato puree or paste – 3 tablespoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Water, lukewarm – 1½ cup
- Fried Onions – ½ cup
- Coriander, chopped – 1 small bunch.
- Cut chicken into pieces. Add 2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon turmeric and 1½ teaspoon chilli powder. Mix it well and keep
aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions for 2 minutes over high heat. Add the marinated chicken and fry gently for 5 minutes
- Add green chillies, 2 teaspoon coriander powder, 2 teaspoon cumin powder, tomato and green pepper. Cover and cook
over medium heat for 8 minutes. Add 2 teaspoon ginger paste, 2 teaspoon garlic paste and mix well.
- Add 3 tablespoon of tomato puree and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add 1 teaspoon garam masala. Allow it to cook for 2
- Add 1½ cup of lukewarm water and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Add ½ cup fried onions, mix well and cook for
another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or Indian bread.
Grill mixed pepper, tomatoes and onion chunks in oil for 5 minutes. Add these to the curry for a variation in taste.
Use meat on the bone instead of boneless and feel the difference in taste!