Bhelpuri is a very popular dish amongst both young and old. It is mainly sold at roadside cafes/stalls, on the train, on the
bus and at fairs. Though not served as a commercial dish at restaurants, it is a very tasty dish and eaten on a regular
basis by most Indians.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Puffed Rice / Rice Crisps – 250 gm
- Potato, boiled and chopped into small pieces – 1 big
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 big
- Tomatoes, finely chopped – 1 large (Remove seeds.)
- Cucumber, finely chopped – ½
- Carrots, finely chopped – 1 (Optional)
- Coriander, freshly chopped – 1 small bunch.
- Indian Bombay Mix (Haldiram Snack Mixture) – 200 gm
- Black Salt Powder – ½ teaspoon or to taste.
- Roasted Chilli Cumin Mixture – ½ teaspoon or to taste.
- Chat Masala – 2 teaspoon
- Lime – 1 teaspoon
- Boil potatoes and cut into small pieces. Finely chop onions, tomatoes, coriander and cucumber into small pieces.
- Take 250 gm puffed rice OR rice crisps in a large bowl and add all the finely chopped ingredients (except the coriander)
- Add 200 gm Bombay mix, ½ teaspoon black salt, ½ teaspoon chilli powder, 2 teaspoon chat masala and mix well.
- Add coriander, 1 teaspoon lime and mix well.
- Serve straightaway while it is still crispy and fresh!
You can add chilli sauce, tamarind pulp, mango powder as a substitute of lime juice. You can also add lentil sprouts,
peanuts, fresh coconut pieces and other salad vegetables.
Puffed rice and rice crisps turn soggy very quickly when left out in the air. Serve straightaway while it is still crispy and
fresh! Haldiram Bombay Mix can be very hot, medium or mild in hotness. Choose one that suits your taste buds!